According to the 1851 census, Sarah was born in about 1780 in Longdon, Worcestershire. Her death certificate confirms the year.
Sarah was the wife of Joseph BEVANS, a farmer.
Records for St Mary's, Longdon (listed on FamilySearch as Longdon by Upton On Severn) include the following baptisms:
- Sarah HARTLAND c. 14 May 1780 (Thomas and Hannah) - may have married John BOSWOOD at Castlemorton and was still living in Dymock in 1841
- Sarah TRUMBLE c. 19 Jan 1779 (John and Sarah) - may have married Joseph WILTSHIRE in 1803 at St Clement, Worcester and were living in Clifton in 1841
- Sarah PANTING c. 5 Jul 1779 (John and Sarah) - may have married James DALBY in Longdon in 1805
- Sarah DONNE c. 16 May 1781 (Joseph and Catharine) however Sarah DONE, born in Longdon in 1781 was still living, unmarried in 1861 so this Sarah can be ignored.
- Sarah WALL c. 8 Feb 1778 (Joseph and Elizabeth). A Sarah WALL married Joseph BEVAN at St Martin's in Worcester on 10 Oct 1803 making this Sarah the most likely, although her baptism appears to be two years before she was born.
An Elizabeth WALL (a sister?) was married the week before on 1 Oct 1803 at the same Worcester church to Samuel TURNER. A couple of that name were living, aged 81, in Northleach, Gloucestershire, in 1851, however both were from Northleach.
Sarah died of 'natural decay' in Pendock in 1858 aged 78, two years after her husband.