George BARN(E)S married Peggy COUNCILL (or COUNSELL) in August 1771. They went on to christen 10 children between 1773 and 1789, assuming that these included Ann and Mary who were baptized in Ribchester, just across the River Ribble.
When George christened Agnes in 1778 he was living in Mellor.
There are several George BARN(E)S baptized in/around Blackburn during the 1730s and 1740s, none of which stand out in terms of location:
- George BARNS 1734 St Mary-the-Virgin, Blackburn, by George BARNS of Livesay
- George BARNS 1738 St Mary-the-Virgin, Blackburn, by James BARNS of Livesay, weaver (died Feb 1819 aged 80 in Livesay)
- George BARNNS 1740 St Mary-the-Virgin, Blackburn, by Thomas and Jane BARNNS of Lower Darwen, weaver
- George BARNS 1746 Great Harwood, by Mary BARNS of Wilpshire cum Dinkley
- George BARNS 1750 Brindle, George of Brindle
- George BARNS 1754 St Mary-the-Virgin, Blackburn, by George and Mary BARNNS of Lower Darwen
Brindle is about 5 miles south of Samlesbury, where George and Margaret were living when they married.